The Extra Life Event
This past weekend I took part in the Extra Life gaming event that was being held on two of the Rift MMORPG gaming servers. It was just by luck that one of the 2 servers chosen to host the event was also the server I have all my normal game characters, so I got to see quite a few of my friends in game cheering on the Extra Life Guild.
Trion Worlds Team - which I was a member had 719 people and raised $34,305.98 dollars for Children's Miracle Network hospitals around the world. Trion Worlds Team was #1 on the leader board for most collected for a single team. Overall 2700 Rift players took part on various teams spread over two game servers. We all went wild when we got a system message stating that Extra Life tote board went over 1Million dollars at the wee hours of the morning.
Personally I took part the whole 24hrs and a couple more that weren't required and raised 275 dollars for Rainbow Babies & Children's hospital here in the Cleveland area. It was a wonderful event for a very special cause. And the best part about this event is every single penny donated goes to the hospitals, the overhead and fees etc were paid by corporate sponsors like Trion Worlds.
It was fun playing the game next to devs, gms and cms and seeing that after 22 hrs of nonstop play even they get to be quite goofy. It was a weekend to remember and one I would do again given the chance.
Trion Worlds Team - which I was a member had 719 people and raised $34,305.98 dollars for Children's Miracle Network hospitals around the world. Trion Worlds Team was #1 on the leader board for most collected for a single team. Overall 2700 Rift players took part on various teams spread over two game servers. We all went wild when we got a system message stating that Extra Life tote board went over 1Million dollars at the wee hours of the morning.
Personally I took part the whole 24hrs and a couple more that weren't required and raised 275 dollars for Rainbow Babies & Children's hospital here in the Cleveland area. It was a wonderful event for a very special cause. And the best part about this event is every single penny donated goes to the hospitals, the overhead and fees etc were paid by corporate sponsors like Trion Worlds.
It was fun playing the game next to devs, gms and cms and seeing that after 22 hrs of nonstop play even they get to be quite goofy. It was a weekend to remember and one I would do again given the chance.
Labels: Extra Life

1 Comments:
That's awesome. Glad to see you still having fun gaming and putting it to good use too :)
Post a Comment
<< Home